As you’ve probably guessed from my Fiscally Frugal Friday posts, I’m always on the hunt for a good deal. To me, companies that provide a great product and also give me a perk for being a loyal customer and more bang for my buck are the ones that are going to keep me coming back time and again!
Kernels, the makers of tasty popcorn treats, recently launched a new loyalty program that peaked my interest. Rather than having to carry a special card (which drives me crazy as I’m always fumbling to find them in my wallet and, as embarrassing as it is to admit, I’ve actually lost cards before!) when you receive or buy a Kernels Popcorn gift card (either plastic or virtual) and also doubles as a loyalty card.
Then, every time you make a purchase at any Kernels location of $5 or more with your loyalty card, you will receive 1 point. The points are recorded on the card and when you accumulate 10 points, Kernels will load $5 onto the card!
How easy is that???
Because I like to carry my cards with me, I had the chance to test drive a Kernels Popcorn loyalty card to see how it works.
I have to say it was a really hard visit to Kernels. Why? Because it was so hard to choose what to get — everythng looked SO GOOD!
The only problem we had was deciding on what flavour and what size to buy! Though Kernels does make some tasty looking flavours, we are all about the sweet! The girls were eyeballing the Easter Eggs popcorn and the Double Hit popcorn, while I was interested in the Low Fat Caramel popcorn (And if you are watching your calories like me, you’ll appreciate the fact that Kernels provides nutritional facts for their popcorn and seasonings. It makes enjoying a Kernels treat easier!)
In the end the girls got a Kernels Party Pail filled with Double Hit popcorn. After I purchased it, the Kernels staff member who was assisting us shared some great information to my savings-loving self — we can bring back the Kernels Party Pail and, each time we have it refilled, it is half price! How cool is that?!??!
I easily used my Kernels loyalty card, then came home, registered my card and all the information, including my newly-obtained point, was right there. Once I get 10 points, $5 will be added to my card automatically – I don’t have to do anything (I love it when things are easy!).
As a bonus, for the launch of this new program, Kernels is hosting a contest to win a year’s worth of Kernels Popcorn. Everybody who registers their loyalty card online before May 31st will be entered to win! See the Contest Rules for more details!
Giveaway: One reader from Canada (excluding Quebec) will a $25 Kernels Popcorn loyalty card (either a physical card or a virtual card – your choice!).
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
To enter the giveaway, tell me what you like about Kernels Popcorn! (1 entry)
Daily Entries – 1 entry each:
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): Yummy in my tummy! #Win a $25 Loyalty card from @kernelspopcorn @ReviewCorner http://wp.me/p10r9i-2Rz ends 05/03
- Tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): Looking for the right picture? Check out the #photography of @ReviewCorner! https://mylittlereviewcorner.wordpress.com/category/photography-2/ #photos
- To enter the giveaway, check out the About Kernels page and tell me something you learned about Kernels (1 entry)
- ”like” Kernels Popcorn’s Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- follow Kernels Popcorn on Twitter – include your Twitter handle (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- “like” this Facebook post – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- follow me on Pinterest – include your Pinterest handle (1 entry)
- pin any of my recipes or weight-loss posts on Pinterest and include the link (1 entry per NEW pin – unlimited entries)
- add this giveaway to any contest site or linky – include the link (1 entry per addition – unlimited entries
- follow me on StumbleUpon –include your user name (1 entry)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, May 3rd, 2013 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age. Please note other Terms & Conditions.*