In my early 20s, I had the opportunity to work with individuals who had autism. While there were a lot of challenges, I was always amazed at how brilliant some of these people were. I also wondered how frustrating it might be for them because most of them had difficulty communicating.
Since that time, I’ve gotten to know a number of families with children who have Autism and Asperger’s. I’ve seen cheers and tears as these families work together to develop an understanding of Autism and Asperger’s.
I think that the newest Chicken Soup for the Soul book – Chicken Soup for the Soul: Raising Kids on the Spectrum – is a great read for anyone with someone who has Austism or Asperger’s in their life.
101 Inspirational Stories for Parents of Children with Autism and Asperger’s
If you are the parent of a child — from newborn to college age — with autism or Asperger’s, you will find support, advice, and insight in this collection. With its 101 stories from other parents and experts, this book will comfort, encourage, and uplift you. Stories cover everything from the serious side and the challenges, to the lighter side and the positives, of raising a special child on the autism spectrum.
Chicken Soup for the Soul: Raising Kids on the Spectrum is truly inspiring and helped me to see the complexity of these family dynamics in a new light.
Giveaway: Three (3) readers from Canada or the US (excluding Quebec) will each win a copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul: Raising Kids on the Spectrum.
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
Mandatory entry: To enter the giveaway, tell me why you’d like to win a copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul: Raising Kids on the Spectrum . (1 entry).
Daily Entries – 1 entry each:
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet):): It will bring cheers and tears! #Win CSS: Raising Kids on the Spectrum – 3 winners! CAN/US 05/17 http://wp.me/p10r9i-2ST @ReviewCorner
- Tweet the following (and include the link to your tweet): Greet Spring with some great #recipe ideas @ReviewCorner http://tinyurl.com/cdbujyp
- pin any of my recipes on Pinterest and share the link (1 entry per post)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post)
- Visit the Chicken Soup for the Soul website and tell me the name of another title you’d like to read! (1 entry)
- follow Chicken Soup for the Soul on Twitter– include your Twitter handle (1 entry)
- ”like” Chicken Soup for the Soul’s Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- “like” this Facebook post – include the link (1 entry)
- follow me on Pinterest – include your Pinterest handle (1 entry)
- add this giveaway to any contest site or linky – share the link with me (1 entry per addition – unlimited entries)
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, May 17th, 2013 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age. Please note other Terms & Conditions.*