In the past 18 monthes I’ve become a lot more health conscious which I’ve found extends itself to menu choices in a number of different ways.
What amazes me, as I look through volumes of recipes, you truly can find a cookbook to meet your needs and Robert Rose’s new cookbooks have opened my eyes to some great ideas!
I was interested in checking out the DIABETES PREVENTION & MANAGEMENT COOKBOOK for one reason but ended up adding it my cookbook staples for an entirely different reason! Originally I had thought this cookbook would be an excellent resource for my dad. As I mentioned before, my dad has diabetes but he also has an incredibly sweet tooth and find it difficult to strike a balance in terms of his diet. One thing he always complains about is having a lack of choice. But I quickly realized that this cookbook was actually a great option for my home! This cookbook deals not only with diabetes management but also diabetes prevention. Given the fact that I was overweight, ate a high-sugar diet and have a family history of diabets, it simply makes sense to apply these ideas to my own healthy living plan. This book provides strategies for preventing and managing diabetes, in an easy-to-follow 10-step program. You will learn why a healthy lifestyle — including a nutritious diet, exercise and stress management — is the best defense against disease.The 150 recipes are specifically designed to help manage blood glucose, blood pressure and cholesterol while supporting a healthy weight, and will be enjoyed by everyone in the family. What I like about this cookbook is the extensive information and meal plan ideas that are combined with the recipes themselves!
I’ve also been reading about the Raw Food movement and it has really fascinated me so I thought it would be great to try out some recipes from RawEssence: 165 Delicious Recipes for Raw Living. And, since many of you know I’m not the best cook on the planet, the concept of designing foods that are actually raw really appealed to me! I actually tried making Mushroom Cannelloni and they were divine! I’m also looking forward to testing out some of the desserts — I’ve got my eye on their Date Squares and Cinnamon Buns! The recipes are relaxed and flexible, so it’s an ideal cookbook for those who are just beginning to embrace the lifestyle. Because it also features an emphasis on attractive food presentation, experienced cooks will find it equally satisfying. I think it’s a great option for those who are new to the Raw Food movement, like me!
And while I haven’t had a chance to prepare any recipes yet, I’m pretty keen to test out the Triple Slow Cooker Entertaining: 100+ Recipes & 30 Party Plans. I don’t have a triple slow cooker yet so I plan to start by adapting some of the recipes for the 2 slow cookers I have. Given the fact that I love parties – even though they stress me out – I think having this cookbook is going to be really helpful because there’s a menu for virtually every occasion, from New Year’s Eve to a child’s birthday party to Halloween to Oscar night. This is truly an invaluable resource, whether you’re a veteran party planner or hosting an event for the first time.
Having tried out some of the Robert Rose cookbooks, and having looked through the diverse collection of books they have available, I really appreciate both the books themselves and the variety that Robert Rose has on offer!
Giveaway: One reader from Canada (excluding Quebec) will win a pair of Robert Rose cookbooks – Diabetes Prevention & Management Cookbook and RawEssence: 165 Delicious Recipes for Raw Living ($60 value)
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
To enter, check out the entire line of Robert Rose books and tell me which one (other than those mentioned here) appeals to you the most! (1 entry)
Daily Entries – 1 entry each:
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): Summer’s coming! #Win a pair of Robert Rose cookbooks for great meal ideas! @ReviewCorner http://wp.me/p10r9i-2Ze ends 06/21
- Tweet the following (and include your link): Looking for #inspiration ?? Whether it is #health or #quotes you can find it here! @ReviewCorner http://tinyurl.com/czfjskv/
- pin any of my book or savings posts on Pinterest and share the link (1 entry per post)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post)
- Check out the Robert Rose blog and tell me something that you learned or a recipe you want to try. (1 entry)
- ”like” Robert Rose Books’ Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (3 entries – enter each entry separately)
- follow Robert Rose Books on Twitter – include your Twitter handle (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- “like” this Facebook post – include the link (1 entry)
- follow me on Pinterest (1 entry)
- add this giveaway to any contest site or linky – share the link or location with me (1 entry per addition – unlimited entries
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, June 21st, 2013 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age. Please note other Terms & Conditions.*