Do you ever have those days when you feel like you could climb a wall? I find that there are days when I return home from work and I feel incredibly stressed and anxious.
And for a long time I channeled in really negative ways. I would eat…and eat….and eat. It never actually made me feel better — to be frank it just made fatter!
Nowadays I’ve found a healthy alternative that actually will burn calories instead of increasing my calories each day!
I’ve taken up going for brisk walks. Sometimes I do it over my lunch hour, while other days I do it when I get home from work or, if the stars align, I might even take a walk after supper.
The key to my desire to walk is having a walking shoe that gives me everything I need. While I love with athletic shoes, I find when I’m walking that I want something that feels good but also gives my feet a bit of freedom that they don’t get when I’m wearing my athletic shoes.
Called SKECHERS GOrecovery, these shoes are designed to “elevate the natural walking experience, allowing you to interact with and respond to practically any surface, while offering the additional benefit of real world protection.”
But what does that mean?
For me, the answer is simple. SKECHERS GOrecovery shoes are comfort and support combined!
The GOrecovery shoes make my feet happy for a few different reasons. I’ve found the shoes, as a whole, are really lightweight which, in turn, makes my feet feel less constricted. I tend to wear my shoes without socks and I quickly discovered that the Integrated OrthoLite anti-microbial sockliner keeps my feet from skipping (and minimizes my foot odour – thank goodness!) and a roomier forefoot means that I have extra space — which is good as I have chubby toes! — which reduces friction. These shoes are also virtually seamless, which means that I can wear them with bare feet without worrying that a seam is going to rub and give me blisters!
The design of these shoes is said to promote a natural stride and I’ve found that to be true! In many shoes, I find my feet rolling inward naturally, but I’ve discovered that there is enough support (I think that could be the result of the 360 degree responsive flexibility that allows the shoes to flex and twist AND the lightweight compound that provides impact absorption) for my feet that I don’t find them rolling inward. I also find that I have a natural bounce in my step in these shoes which just makes me smile (as I’m a pretty bouncy gal!).
And my favourite two elements of these shoes?
1) SKECHERS GOrecovery have a pull on heel loop. While that might now sound like a big deal, I have scraped my fingers (and hurt my feet) when I’ve tried to pull on shoes which are fitted (Little One always looks at my fingers and says that I have an “ouchie” after putting on these types of shoes!). Because of the pull on heel loop, however, I can get my shoes on quickly without hurting my fingers or my feet because they slide in easily!
Oh yes….and number 2?
2) They are incredibly cute (need I say more????).
SKECHERS GOrecovery have made it easy for me to walk my stress away!
If you are looking for a pair of your own, you can find them at many stores nationwide with a suggested retail price of $75.
And one of you has the chance to win a pair of your own!
Giveaway: One reader from Canada (excluding Quebec) will win a pair of SKECHERS GOrecovery shoes like the ones I reviewed in the winner’s choice of size (a $75 value)!
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
To enter, read about SKECHERS GOrecovery shoes and tell me what your favourite features of these shoes are (1 entry).
Daily Entries – 1 entry each:
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): It’s walking weather! #Win GOrecovery shoes from @Skechers_Canada ($75 value) @ReviewCorner http://wp.me/p10r9i-315 ends 06/28 CANADA
- Tweet the following (and include your link): Looking for #inspiration ?? Whether it is #health or #quotes you can find it here! @ReviewCorner http://tinyurl.com/czfjskv/
- pin any of my jewelry posts or beauty posts on Pinterest and share the link (1 entry per post)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post)
- Click on the Where to Buy tab and give me the name of a local store that sells SKECHERS (1 entry)
- ”like” Skechers Canada’s Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- follow Skechers Canada on Twitter – include your Twitter handle (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- “like” this Facebook post – include the link (1 entry)
- follow me on Pinterest (1 entry)
- add this giveaway to any contest site or linky – share the link or location with me (1 entry per addition – unlimited entries
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, June 28th, 2013 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age. Please note other Terms & Conditions.*