A few years ago, my mom and dad gave me a box of special items they had collected for me from my school experiences. In it, I found some cute little short stories that I wrote in elementary school as well as some poetry which still makes me smile when I read it. It all reminds me that I’ve had a passion for writing since I was a kid!
Recently, when I found this box in my closet again, I went through it and actually found an “About Me” project that I made in Grade 2. Part of the project was to write about what I would do when I grew up (I have to say — I’m not sure if that has actually happened yet!) and I wrote the following: I am going to be an actress, a teacher, a writer and Prime Minister. I obviously had some big plans!
While I have yet to become Prime Minister (and I don’t see that on my horizon any time soon!) I have been lucky enough to become a writer thanks to this blog!
I’ve also got friends who have been writing for a living and I know there is a lot of highs and lows that come with a writing career so, between my own experiences and those of my friends, I appreciated the new Chicken Soup for the Soul: Inspiration for Writers.
101 Motivational Stories for Writers — Budding or Bestselling — from Books to Blogs
No matter the genre, no matter the medium, the writing process is hard! But you will find inspiration, encouragement, and advice in these 101 stories from others who have stuck with it, through the setbacks and struggles, and successfully went from dreaming about writing to being a writer. Whether you’re an aspiring author, a blogger, or a bestselling writer, this book will motivate and energize you.
Chicken Soup for the Soul: Inspiration for Writers has touched me in a number of different ways. It has actually inspired me as well because I am considering returning to my love of writing poetry and short fiction to see where it will go!
Giveaway: Three (3) readers from Canada or the US (excluding Quebec) will each win a copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul: Inspiration for Writers.
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
Mandatory entry: To enter the giveaway, tell me why you’d like to win a copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul: Inspiration for Writers. (1 entry).
Daily Entries – 1 entry each:
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet):):Are you a writer at heart?? #Win CSS: Inspiration for Writers – 3 winners! CAN/US 07/05 @ReviewCorner
- Tweet the following (and include the link to your tweet): Greet Spring with some great #recipe ideas @ReviewCorner https://mylittlereviewcorner.wordpress.com/category/recipes
- pin any of my recipes or weight-loss posts on Pinterest and share the link (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post)
- Visit the Chicken Soup for the Soul website and tell me the name of another title you’d like to read! (1 entry)
- follow Chicken Soup for the Soul on Twitter– include your Twitter handle (1 entry)
- ”like” Chicken Soup for the Soul’s Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- “like” this Facebook post – include the link (1 entry)
- follow me on Pinterest – include your Pinterest handle (1 entry)
- add this giveaway to any contest site or linky – share the link with me (1 entry per addition – unlimited entries
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post – unlimited entries)
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, July 5th, 2013 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age. Please note other Terms & Conditions.*