I can’t even begin to tell you how excited I am that summer is really close at hand and, with that, comes one of my favourite things — holidays! Whether holidays involve a long road as part of a vacation or fun day trips as part of a staycation, Michelin have some great practical suggestions to stay safe during your summer travels.
1. Tread lightly!
Use the “Penny Test” to see if your tires are in need of replacing. Put the edge of the coin into the tread with the Queen going in head first. If the top of the Queen’s head is covered by tread, that’s good. If the top of her head is entirely visible, it’s time to replace the tire.
2. Have a professional give your car a summer check-up
Summer driving can often be hot and stressful. Getting your vehicle’s major systems before heading out for the long-weekends can help avoid unpleasant surprises on the road.
3. Spare tires go a long way
You never know when you might hit a bump on the road. Make sure your spare tire is properly inflated and easy to reach.
4. Don’t sleep and steer
Take regular breaks every couple of hours if you need them; stop regularly to stretch your legs. If possible, share the role of driver with someone new at the wheel every three hours.
5. Don’t forget to pack your safety supplies
Planning ahead goes a long way. Always make sure you have extra windshield wiper fluid, a map to help guide your way and road safety kit. Don’t forget extra batteries for the flashlight!
6. Last (but not least) — Have fun!
Giveaway: One reader from Canada (excluding Quebec) will win a Michelin Emergency Car Safety Kit that includes jumper cables, flashlight, gloves and much more!
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
To enter, tell me what your holiday plans are this summer and if you’ll be taking a road trip! (1 entry).
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): Michelin wants to keep Cdns safe this summer! #Enter to #win an Emergency Car Safety Kit! @ReviewCorner http://wp.me/p10r9i-32z ends 07/12
- Tweet the following (and include your link): Who said it best? Check out these #quotes #picturequotes from @ReviewCorner https://mylittlereviewcorner.wordpress.com/category/quotes-2
- pin any of my recipes or weight-loss posts on Pinterest and share the link (1 entry per post)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post)
- Check out Michelin dealer selector and give me the name of your closet Michelin dealer! (1 entry)
- ”like” Michelin Canada’s Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- check out the Michelin Canada travel diaries and tell me which one you’d love to take this summer! – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- “like” this Facebook post – include the link (1 entry)
- follow me on Pinterest (1 entry)
- add this giveaway to any contest site or linky – share the link or location with me (1 entry per addition – unlimited entries
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, July 12th, 2013 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age. Please note other Terms & Conditions.*