Summer is in full swing and along with it comes time for the girls to play! Miss Nine is a pretty active girl so between soccer, swimming and time with her friends, she has a pretty busy summer! That being said, whenever she has quiet time she seems to want to spend it all playing computer games or watching tv. But I know she loves to read so what’s the best way to get her reading this summer? A Kobo Mini!
Miss Nine has always been envious of my Kobo Vox so I knew that getting her a digital e-reader was going to be a winning solution. The PTPA-approved Kobo Mini is the perfect device to introduce kids to eReading. It’s the world’s smallest and lightest full-featured E Ink eReader, and is highly-portable and easy for first-time readers to hold and read – offering the full Kobo experience at a great value. Just like reading print on paper, the no-glare 5” E Ink screen is easy on the eyes – even in bright sunlight – which makes it perfect for outdoor summertime reading.
She was pretty excited when the Mini arrived! And she loved some of the little touches that I must admit I’d never even noticed. She thought images that appear when the Mini needs to be charged, when it is charging and when you turn it on were really fun (and, I have to admit, they are actually pretty adorable!).
At this point, she is a blossoming reader and has been reading bigger and bigger chapter books. To that end, I thought it would be fun to load up some of my favourite books as a kid (such as the Encyclopedia Brown books by Donald Sobol) but also put some books on it that I knew she enjoys like Allie Finkle’s Rules for Girls series by Meg Cabot). While I am going to teach her how to download her own books, I wanted to give her a chance to learn how to use the Kobo Mini itself. I’ve already created her own account (as I didn’t want my collection of Kobo titles appearing on her Kobo!).
I’m impressed at how easy it is to download books onto the Kobo Mini and how quickly Miss Nine has caught on to how it works. With a glare-free screen, she has been able to sit outside and read as well, which she loves! She also doesn’t have to worry about having a short-life battery because the Kobo Mini has one month of battery life, allowing her to enjoy her Kobo for up to 10,000 page turns before it needs to be charged again.
She’s been pretty excited to get to use her Kobo Mini and I’ve been pleased as it has encouraged her to sit down and read when she has the time, rather than just watching tv or playing on the Wii! She even got her grandmother so excited that now my mom is looking at which Kobo she wants to buy for herself!
The Kobo Mini is available at top Canadian retailers, including: Chapters-Indigo-Coles, Best Buy, Future Shop, Staples, Target (Mini only), The Source, Toys”R”Us, and at Kobo.com
Giveaway: Two readers from Canada (excluding Quebec) will each win a Kobo Mini! (an $80 value each)!
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
Mandatory entry: To enter, check out the Kobo Mini and tell me your favourite feature about it (other than the ones mentioned in my review)! (1 entry)
Daily Entries – 1 entry each:
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): #Giveaway #Win one of 2 @Kobo Mini eReaders for summer reading @ReviewCorner http://wp.me/p10r9i-3bp CANADA ends 08/23
- Tweet the following: Who said it best? Check out these #quotes #picturequotes @ReviewCorner http://tinyurl.com/reviewcorner-quotes
- Pin any of my Home and Appliances posts or recipe posts on Pinterest and share the link (1 entry per post)
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post)
- Check out the Kobo Store and give me the name of a book you’d like to read! (1 entry)
- ”like” Kobo’s Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- follow Kobo on Twitter – include your Twitter handle (1 entry)
- follow Kobo on Pinterest – include your Pinterest handle (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Corner on BlogLovin’ (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- “like” this Facebook post using the link at the bottom of this post – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- follow me on Pinterest (1 entry)
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, August 23rd, 2013 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age. Please note other Terms & Conditions.*