So there’s a little story about myself, my husband and a china cup. My husband has this “thing” about china cups – he says they are the best thing to drink coffee in and has actually been known to grimace if there isn’t one to use when he wants it. Even more than having a thing about china cups in general, he had a particular affinity (note the past tense here) to one special cup he received at a former workplace. It was a high quality china cup made in England that he coveted like no other. It had to be washed by hand and he even went so far as to say — more than once — that he loved that cup.
And then I broke it! In my defense it was purely an accident (even though I’d joke about breaking it on purpose I didn’t mean to chip the lip of the darn thing and break the handle!) but he was devastated. I spent many hours hearing about how he’d never get another cup “like that one – it was special”. And even though it has literally been years since ‘the incident’ he will still mention it!
So when I learned about Portmeirion china, I was keen to try out their cups because I figured it might help him get over his issues with the broken cup (and, yes, I do realize how ridiculous this all sounds but I know I’m not the only woman known to humour her spouse!).
I thought that the style and design of these mugs are beautiful! They are incredibly detailed and their quality is obvious! I was worried that perhaps they would be really delicate (which would mean that I could possibly replicate the “incident” again) but I was pleased to discover that they are actually are dishwasher, microwave, freezer and oven safe! They are tough little critters because I know I’m not gentle with my mugs – particularly when I’m only half awake in the mornings!
At the end of the day I think these mugs are brilliant! And while I now have to listen to jokes about hummingbirds I notice it is still the mug of choice! Thanks to Portmeirion, I have redeemed myself!
Giveaway: One reader from Canada (excluding Quebec) will win a 4 piece Mug Set from the Portmeirion Botanic Hummingbird Collection ($80 value)!
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
To enter, check out the Portmeirion website and tell me which design is your favourite (1 entry)
Daily Entries – 1 entry each:
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): Enjoy your morning brew! Enter to #win a 4pc Portmeirion Botanic Hummingbird Mug Set @ReviewCorner http://wp.me/p10r9i-3gB ends 10/11 #giveaway #Canada
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post)
- Tell me which you prefer – coffee, tea, hot chocolate or hot cider!
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (not including Google Reader as it no longer exists)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Corner on BlogLovin’ (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- “like” this Facebook post – include the link (1 entry)
- follow me on Pinterest (1 entry)
- add this giveaway to any contest site or linky – share the link or location with me (1 entry per addition – unlimited entries
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, October 11th, 2013 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age. Please note other Terms & Conditions.*