Little One, in many ways, has received a bit of a bum deal. I remember having an older sister myself and always getting things second-hand. Now, for the most part, it truly wasn’t a big deal but it was exciting when I’d get something that truly was mine and mine alone. Little One never complains that she gets things that belonged to her older sister first, but I also like being able to give her that “mine and mine alone” feeling but getting things that are especially for her too!
In terms of technology, Little One has a DS that Miss Nine gave her last year when she had saved enough money to buy herself an iPod. Little One loves playing with the DS, which is great because Miss Nine is often known to commender the desktop and the netbook when the mood strikes her! Little One loves the iPads that she uses at school (hands down I’m sure she knows how to use better than I would if I picked one up to use it!) and I know that technology is an important skills because it advances quickly and I want her to be able to know how to properly use it.
The VTech Innotab 3 hits the mark in many ways. I appreciate that, while it is appropriate for ages 3 to 9, it is a piece of technology that is geared to someone who is Little One’s age.
And what does it do?
Open up a world of learning fun! With a wealth of age-appropriate educational games, apps and more, the InnoTab 3 expands children’s minds and creativity with its innovation in learning. Your child will play on this fun learning tablet with 16 apps included. Get access to hundreds of software cartridges and downloads via the Learning Lodge. Try out the new D-Pad for interactive game play then play your own videos and MP3s! Entertaining game play teaches reading, math, social studies, science and much more. Age: 3-9
Not only that but the InnoTab 3 has a lot of features. Here is just a smattering of what you will discover.
- It includes 2 styluses.
- It has an MP3 Player, an e-reader and a story dictionary.
- It has a colour touch screen.
- It has 16 total apps including Art Studio, Magical Bean Stalk game, calculator, clock, calendar, friends list, notes and more!
- It has 180° 2.0 MP rotating camera / video recorder and app with over 55 photo effects.
- It is compatible with AC Adaptor or NEW Rechargeable Battery Pack.
- It has 2 GB on-board memory.
Setting up the tablet was fast and easy! All I had to do was download the Learning Lodge onto the computer, attach the Innotab 3 and the follow the simple steps to install the apps and activate them. You can choose 1 extra app for free and then purchase any number of apps. I appreciate the fact that you can purchase these online (meaning you don’t even have to leave the house!) and that you can use PayPal or your credit card to purchase additional apps. Little One wanted a Minnie Mouse book and, at $4.50 I thought it was quite reasonable! If you don’t want to download apps from the Learning Lodge, you can also purchase cartridges to use with the Innotab 3.
You can also download photos, videos and music from your computer onto the Innotab 3. Little One was able to choose some photos that she wanted and also some songs — she was so excited about the built-in MP3 Player that she’s already asking me to download more music so we can add it to her tablet!
While Little One is enthralled by the MP3 Player, the e-reader and the games apps, there are some other aspects of the Innotab 3 that I really appreciate! I like the fact that the battery compartments on the back feature a lock system, which means that she isn’t going to open the compartments accidentally and lose the batteries. I also like that the cartridges, when being used, sit flush against the tablet. They don’t stick out, which means that there is less of a chance that they will get banged or broken. I also like that you can keep the cartridge in even when not using it, which means there is less of a chance of losing the cartridge too!
Basically the Innotab 3 is a win/win/win on so many different levels. I think that is a great educational tool that allows Little One some independence when using a tablet and helps her develop skills that I think are imperative in today’s technological society. She loves having the independence of being able to listen to music, play games and read on her own and I like that she has access to apps that are appropriate for her age.
Giveaway: One reader from Canada (excluding Quebec) will win a V-Tech Innotab 3 tablet ($80 value).
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
To enter, check out the VTech Innotab 3 and tell me which feature is most appealing (1 entry).
Daily Entries – 1 entry each:
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): #Giveaway – #Win a @VTechCanada Innotab 3 tablet ($80 value) @ReviewCorner http://wp.me/p10r9i-3gV 10/18 #Canada
- Tweet the following (and include your link): Looking for Great Canadian #giveaways? Visit https://mylittlereviewcorner.wordpress.com @ReviewCorner #win #Canada
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post)
- Tell me which of the VTech Innotab 3 software would appeal most to your favourite kid!
- ”like” VTech Canada’s Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- follow VTech Canada on Twitter (or tell me that you already do) – include your Twitter handle (1 entry)
- follow VTech Canada on Pinterest (or tell me that you already do) – include your Pinterest handle (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Corner on BlogLovin’ (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- “like” this Facebook post – include the link (1 entry)
- follow me on Pinterest (1 entry)
- add this giveaway to any contest site or linky – share the link or location with me (1 entry per addition – unlimited entries
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, October 18th, 2013 . Open to residents of Canada (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age. Please note other Terms & Conditions.*