This year has been really tough in a lot of ways. Actually, if I want to be honest, the past few years have been incredibly hard. There are so many times that I just wanted to give up, accept that things weren’t going to get any better and just stop everything. Luckily a) I’m really stubborn (What? You haven’t noticed? Thanks for humouring me!) and b) I have an underlying optimism that keeps me pushing forward.
The reason behind my optimism lies with my grandmother, who showed me once that if you have the right attitude you can see the positive in everything! Growing up, I always remember my grandmother wearing ankle-length skirts and having ankles that looked like those of a stuffed doll. Being young, I didn’t realize that she suffered from extreme fluid rentention and she never complained. When she was in her late 80s, she was told that she fluid around her heart that would eventually kill her. I went to see her and told her how sorry I was. She told me that she’d had a full life and that eventually it would eventually kill her. That being said, she told me the medication had a great side effect at which point is pulled her skirt up slight and said, “But guess what? I can see my ankles again!” In my mind, THAT is looking at the bright side!
Hoping to find other stories that would inspire me, I was looking forward to reading Chicken Soup for the Soul: From Lemons to Lemonade. Described as 101 Positive, Practical, and Powerful Stories about Making the Best of a Bad Situation, I found that this book really did help me to see how people can turn bad situations around and help to inspire my own thinking about what I can do to improve other areas of my life!
I know I will keep returning to this book because it is so easy to let life get you down and this book helps to remind me that even when things seem to be at their darkest, there is a way to find something positive and turn things around!
Giveaway: Three (3) readers from Canada or the US (excluding Quebec) will each win a copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul: From Lemons to Lemonade.
Remember, you must complete the mandatory entry in order for your extra entries to count (entries without the mandatory first entry will be discarded)!
Each entry should also appear in a different comment (do not put them together into one comment).
Mandatory entry: To enter the giveaway, tell me why you’d like to win a copy of Chicken Soup for the Soul: From Lemons to Lemonade . (1 entry).
Daily Entries – 1 entry each:
- Follow me Twitter AND tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet):): Look on the bright side! #Win Chicken Soup for the Soul From Lemons to Lemonade-3 winners! CAN/US http://wp.me/p10r9i-3hq ends 10/18 @ReviewCorner
- Tweet the following (and include the link to your tweet): Fall into fall with some great #recipe ideas @ReviewCorner https://mylittlereviewcorner.wordpress.com/category/recipes
- Comment on any of my non-giveaway posts – let me know which post you have commented on (1 entry per post)
- Visit the Chicken Soup for the Soul website and tell me the name of another title you’d like to read! (1 entry)
- follow Chicken Soup for the Soul on Twitter– include your Twitter handle (1 entry)
- ”like” Chicken Soup for the Soul’s Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner on Bloglovin’ (or tell me you already do)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (not including Google Reader as it no longer exists!)– include the email address you used (1 entry)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (1 entry)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page (or tell me that you already do) – include your Facebook name (1 entry)
- “like” this Facebook post – include the link (1 entry)
- follow me on Pinterest – include your Pinterest handle (1 entry)
- add this giveaway to any contest site or linky – share the link with me (1 entry per addition – unlimited entries
*Contest closes at 11:59 PM pm EST on Friday, October 18th, 2013 . Open to residents of Canada and the US (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age. Please note other Terms & Conditions.*