As I’ve been working to make our family life healthier, I’ve also been looking at the option of choosing gluten-free food items. Before looking at how to incorporate gluten-free products into my diet, I wanted to see if I would actually enjoy gluten-free foods! I wasn’t sure what to expect because I’ve heard a lot of mixed reviews for gluten-free items. I was interested in trying out the gluten-free products from Katz Gluten Free to see if I enjoyed their taste!
I have to say, from the start, that the customer service at Katz Gluten Free is absolutely amazing! My contact bent over backwards to provide me with a variety of products and ensure that they arrived in a timely manner to me in Canada. I can’t say enough good things about them – I felt that they really went above and beyond to make sure that I had a positive experience in terms of receiving their products. It was simply amazing!
When the products arrived from Katz Gluten Free, I was surprised at the variety of products they have developed for individuals who need a gluten-free diet! Their product line is incredibly extensive and, for every type of product I might want, they have a gluten-free alternative!
The sweet treats that I received included their Honey Muffins, Vanilla and Cinnamon Rugelech, Chocolate Frosted Cupcakes with Colored Sprinkles, Marble Cake, Raspberry Tarts and Chocolate Chip Cookies. I also received both Kaiser Rolls (Large Challah) and bread to try.
I learned very quickly that gluten-free does not mean flavour-free; in fact, I found some of the Katz Gluten Free variety of my favourite treats were actually better than any other products I’ve ever tasted! My favourites were the Cinnamon Rugelech and the Chocolate Chip Cookies. The Cinnamon Rugelech was a little bit of heaven to me – as a child my mom would make small cinnamon rolls from leftover pie pastry, cinnamon, sugar and butter that were rolled and baked in the oven. The Cinnamon Rugelechs tasted like a (sorry mom!) better version of the cinnamon rolls of my youth – they were flaky, flavourful and addictive! I was also incredibly impressed by the Chocolate Chip Cookies. They had an amazing texture to them and the combination of ingredients that were so delicious – I’m embarassed to say that I didn’t share these and kept them for myself!
Other hits in my home were the Raspberry Tarts (which I believe my husband ate all on his own), the Marble Cake (which was moist and delicious) and the Chocolate Frosted Cupcakes which the girls loved and we loved as well!
I enjoyed the bread (that being said, I’ve never met a loaf of bread I haven’t enjoyed!) and the kaiser rolls. I shared the Honey Muffins with some colleagues at work – they all said they enjoyed them and were suprised when I told them that the muffins were gluten-free!
I was impressed with both the quality of service and the quality of the products. As I’m writing this I’m finding my mouth watering because I’d really love some Cinnamon Rugelech and Chocolate Chip Cookies from Katz Gluten Free right now!
Giveaway: One reader from Canada or the US (excluding Quebec) will receive a $25 gift certificate from Katz Gluten Free.
Visit Katz Gluten Free and share the name of one specific item you’d like to try! (1 entry)
- tweet the following (please include the link to your tweet): Amazing baked goods! #Win a $25 GC from Katz Gluten Free @ReviewCorner http://wp.me/p10r9i-Ph ends 03/25 #giveaway
NEW – Put the “Eggs-cellent Easter Event” button on your blog (you can find this button and the code on the right-hand side of my blog) – leave your website address (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner’s RSS feeds (or tell me you already receive them)– include the email address you used (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- subscribe to My Little Review Corner via email (or tell me you already receive them) – include the email address you used (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- Follow My Little Review Corner on Twitter @ReviewCorner – (2 entries – enter each one separately)
- ”like” my Facebook fan page – include your Facebook name (5 entries – enter each one separately)
- put my button from my sidebar on your blog –include your website address (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- blog about the giveaway – leave a link to your post (3 entries – enter each one separately)
- Share this giveaway on another site, forum or Mr. Linky. (Please check to ensure it isn’t already posted) – then leave a comment telling me where you posted it. (1 entry per post on another site, forum or Mr. Linky – unlimited)
- comment on one of my other non-giveaway posts (just tell me which one) (1 entry per comment – limit 1 per post)
*Contest closes at 10:00 pm EST on Friday, March 25th, 2011. Open to residents of Canada and the US (excluding Quebec), 18+ years of age.*
Winner will be contacted with the email left in the post and will have 2 days to respond. The winner be posted on this site.